Thursday, May 23, 2013
Porridge is really like one of the easiest thing to cook.
Marms used to make us this thick gooey porridge with carrots, potatoes and ikan bilis when we were growing up.
Then we would top our porridge with an extra large scoop of marmite.
I LOVE MARMITE! Makes porridge 10x more tasty!
I made this recipe a few weeks ago when I was recovering from my stomach upset.
The pork lends a sweet touch to the porridge while the century egg gives a nice bite to it with a hint of savouriness.
Though I wouldnt recommend you making this porridge often due to the high cholesterol count from the eggs. You've been warned. ;)
Double eggs pork porridge
1 cup of rice
2 century eggs
2 salted eggs, sliced
A handful of thinly sliced ginger as garnish (optional)
200g minced pork
1. Place rice in a pot and add it water double the amount of rice.
2. Cook the rice on medium heat, stirring occasionally to avoid any burn bits at the bottom.
3. Keep adding water untill you achieve your desired consistency. You will have to cook longer for thick porridge.
4. Add in minced pork.
5. Crack the salted eggs into a bowl,smash the yolks and add all into pot. Give the porridge a good stir and remove pot from heat.
6. Serve in individual bowls with century egg and ginger.
Wednesday, May 22, 2013
I just made one of the most major decisions to date.
A new chapter is about to begin, which is exhilarating but extremely scary. My recent holiday to Jb/Singapore made me realised its about time I really match my actions with my words.
Im sorry I cant share much details about it yet as many things are still not sorted out. But I promise I will in due time.
Meanwhile, please uphold me in your prayers will you?I will deeply appreciate that. :)